I want to start this blog today with us going on a journey. I want us to start that journey only if you are in a safe place. A place that you know there is no reason to truly fear. Maybe your room, or even that favorite nook that you drink your coffee in the morning. Man… I love coffee!
So it is here that I would like to ask you to close your eyes, but now that wouldn’t really work would it lol? But after you read the next 3 lines please do this and close your eyes. Thank you!
Go with me if you will… To a place that you have been, that all of us have been. A place where you felt weak, unable to act, I mean the serious ability to not move. Where you felt powerless.
Please really take 30 seconds and sit there and feel that…
Now when you are done, remember you are in that safe place that you started. I want you to track your emotions and what you felt. Maybe even write out a list of five things going on in your body, and mind.
My guess is that you felt a slew of emotions, one of them being pain. And I would almost bet the house that many of you had a specific person that you felt that pain come from.
This brings me back to the adage “Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”. That saying folks is crap! Seriously!
How to deal with bullying, no one, and I mean no one is better than anyone else. People are People! Everybody is a people! lol
All actions have consequences, and a person’s actions remove or add privileges to their lives. The counter to that is also true, some people who didn’t act, catch the consequence. Therefore, people that don’t deserve good stumble into good, and people that don’t deserve bad get caught up in bad, which was not of their own making.
How should you deal with a bully? Next time someone is intentionally hurtful or even harmful:
- REMOVE YOURSELF TO A SAFE PLACE. TRUST YOUR GUT!!!
- When safe, remember that feeling that you had with the exercise above.
- What you felt in the exercise above, is the driving force that is being used to spew the hate to hurt another human being.
- I hope that you have chosen to not hurt others, but if you have… STOP and get help! You are worth it too!
- Remember, hurt people, hurt people.
- The person’s action of hurting you, at the core, has nothing to do with “YOU”!
- Always strive to be the best version of yourself you can be! You, yes YOU, have so much to offer and give! (And I don’t care what you say about you not having worth! You do! I don’t care who YOU are or what YOU have or haven’t done. If you have breath, you have worth.) If you get honest and stop intentionally harming yourself and others, you can be free!
- When people do hurt you, DO NOT hurt in silence.
- Silence is literally trapping pain inside. Pain that will eat you alive.
So, in short:
- If you are not safe, get safe!
- If you are safe, remember to stay safe!
- If you have pain, TALK to someone you trust!
- If you don’t have someone you trust, get involved with professionals that will create a healthy team around you: counselors, spiritual leaders, teachers, grandma’s/grandpa’s if you don’t have one look for somebody else’s! Remember, we are better together!